2. Before advanced medication, mental institutions wrapped patients in wet sheets to subdue them.
3. Nothing cures the common cold like a little radioactive water.
4. Physiotherapy was pretty weird back then.
5. Prosthetic limbs sure have come a long way.
6. As have radiology nurse uniforms.
7. This was what a defibrillator looked like back then.
8. Wheelchair design was still in its infancy.
9. Treating infants for rickets was an exercise in mad science.
10. Before doctors were allowed to touch female patients, women had to use anatomical models to describe their symptoms.
11. This old blood transfusion setup looks like a modern day third grader’s science project.
12. After seeing this “birthing chair,” you can understand why home births stayed popular.
13. I’d take a plain old peg leg over this contraption.
14. This probably isn’t the best way to treat scoliosis.
15. This is how they used to solve your back problems.